Colorado Gives Day
Tuesday, December 6, 2016
Colorado Gives Day Fundraiser
Larimer County Search and Rescue (LCSAR) will be participating in Colorado Gives Day on Tuesday, December 6, 2016.
We are participating with hundreds of other outstanding Colorado non-profits on this great day of philanthropy.
During this 24 hour period of December 6, 2016 (starting at midnight) all credit/debit card fees are paid for by First Bank of Colorado.
Be sure to take advantage of this opportunity on December 6 so that 100% of your donation will go to LCSAR.
For an overview of LCSAR's Colorado Gives fundraising, please click the following graphic.
A Letter From the President
Dear LCSAR Colorado Gives Day Donor,
We want to thank you for your support last year during Colorado Gives Day. In 2014, we have had to respond to 36 missions so far alone. All total, we have travelled over 14,000 miles and given almost 1,500 hours in volunteer time. This does not include trainings which could easily triple these numbers. We could not do that without your past and future support.
For 2014, we have put your donation to good use. These are just a few of the items your donation helped with?
- We have been able to purchase additional communications equipment which will help us coordinate efforts in the field better. (Approximately $ 12,000.00)
- We have also replaced existing hardware and ropes that were nearing the end of their lifecycle. (Approximately $ 6,273.00)
- We have also paid for ongoing medical training refreshers and new medical training for our team (Approximately $ 4,628.00)
- We have also had the following expenses that never seem to go away for obvious reasons.
- Vehicle maintenance of our primary and only response vehicle. (Approximately $ 7,822.00)
- Insurance. (Approximately $ 5,309.00)
Our financial goal this coming year is to purchase a new truck. We discovered during the flood of 2013 that we needed a narrower, high clearance truck to supplement our mission. Our current truck is not well suited to this mission.
- Currently we have $ 11,632.09 in our truck fund. Our goal is $ 85,000.00.
As you can see, it costs a lot of money to keep an organization like ours running. We are still depending on donations from organizations like yours and from our team members. It is our sincerest hope that we can continue to seek your support to offset the costs for the work we do so that in turn we can continue to be of service to the community. Thank you.
John H. Lee
Larimer County Search and Rescue
1303 N Shields St
Fort Collins CO 80524-1014